Before-and-After Care of Refractive Surgery
||A number of specialized tests should be performed in our Refractive Surgery Unit to determine if the patient is a candidate for the surgery.
For soft-contact lenses users: they should discontinue the use for two (2) weeks before undergoing tests and one (1) month before if they are gas-permeable lenses users.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and wear sunglasses with an UV filter at least for three months after surgery.
- No diving into pools for 1 month
- Avoid rubbing your eyes tightly
- Drive with care in the first week
- Most patients can return to their work and daily activities after 3-4 days.
- The definitive vision is achieved within 3-6 months