About the Refractive Surgery Unit:
The Clínica de Oftalmología de Cali has developed a specialized unit for the correction of refractive errors: Myopia, Hyperopia and Astigmatism.
This unit has all scientific and technological advances available to offer each patient the most appropriate and effective procedure for each case:
Custom Refractive Surgery with Excimer Laser:
- Intracorneal Rings
- Cross Linking
- Phaco-refractive Surgery
- Phakic Intraocular Lenses
- Corneal Topography
- Ocular Aberrometry
- Ultrasound Pachymetry
- Contrast Sensitivity Test
- Rating Optometry
What is a refractive error?
It’s a disease that causes changes in the optical system of the eye. This condition makes the images unable to focus properly on the retina.
Refractive errors are Myopia, Hyperopia and Astigmatism and the Refractive Surgery with laser is the most technologically advanced technique to minimize your dependency on eyeglasses or contact lens.
1. With a metal tool used to mark the cornea, two circular marks are placed at the bottom of the cornea.
2. A suction ring and lubricant are placed in the eye as well.
3. A thin layer of the cornea is cut to create a “corneal flap”.
4. Once the corneal flap is created, it’s raised and refolded, exposing the inner layer of the cornea.
5. Corneal ablation is performed with the laser.
The red focal point is the fixation light of the patient.
6. The eye is washed and hydrated with saline solution to remove residues of corneal flap.
7. The last step is the application of antibiotic drops.